Williams Residence

Williams Residence

December 1, 2018 to December 30, 2018

533 Royal Street

Admission is $5, free for THNOC members,

Register now!

Just in time for the holiday season, The Historic New Orleans Collection will once again offer Holiday Home and Courtyard Tours of the Williams Residence. The two-story brick townhouse, built in 1889 and restored in the 1940s, was owned by THNOC’s founders General L. Kemper and Leila Williams. Filled with antiques and art collected by the couple in their wide travels, the house was occupied by the Williamses from 1946 through 1964.       

From December 1 through Dececember 30, visitors to the residence will learn about the couple’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve celebrations. The residence will feature a beautifully decorated dining room and elegant tree with vintage ornaments. Photos of their holiday parties will also be on display. In keeping with THNOC founders General and Mrs. L. Kemper Williams’s tradition of seasonal greenery, the residence and public spaces at THNOC’s Royal Street property are adorned with wreaths, garlands, and flower arrangements—all donated by Arbor House Floral.

Each tour lasts approximately one hour. Tuesday–Saturday tours begin promptly at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., and Sunday tours are offered at 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. No tours will be offered while THNOC is closed December 24–25. 

Learn how THNOC's staff decks the halls for the holidays:

Oh, Christmas Tree! Inside the decoration of THNOC’s historic properties

Every year we transform THNOC’s Royal Street campus from a semitropical oasis of art and history to a semitropical winter wonderland. It’s Christmas Tree Day!