Book Proposal Guidelines
BOOK PROPOSAL GUIDELINES
As a museum, research center, and publisher dedicated to the study and preservation of the history and culture of New Orleans and the Gulf South, The Historic New Orleans Collection publishes works that reflect the scope of the institution’s holdings, complement its exhibition and programming schedule, and support its mission.
We publish well-researched historical works, new editions and translations of archival materials, biographies of visual artists and musicians, and richly illustrated art volumes. We welcome submissions from writers; please send book proposals to
Director of Publications
The Historic New Orleans Collection
533 Royal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
or e-mailed to email@example.com.
All proposals should include the following:
- author’s name, mailing address, phone number, and email address
- author’s resume
- proposed book title and subtitle
- 250-word abstract
- table of contents
- estimated word count
- estimated image count
- one or more sample chapters
Please append a statement that addresses the following questions:
- What will your book contribute to the field? How does it complement or respond to existing books on the same or similar topics?
- How does your book relate to other books published by THNOC?
- Does the book utilize THNOC holdings?
- How would you describe the audience for your book? How might you market the project?
- Has any part of the book been previously published?
- Have you applied for any grants to supplement the cost of publication and/or research? Do you intend to do so?
Electronic submissions should be MS Word or PDF documents; sample chapters should be double-spaced. If you would like paper submissions returned, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage.
For guidelines governing submissions to the Tennessee Williams Annual Review, please visit http://www.tennesseewilliamsstudies.org/journal/submission_guide.php.