The Townhouse is so incorporated into The Collection’s complex of connected structures that it does not appear to be a separate building. This parcel of land was part of a larger piece acquired by Merieult some time after he had purchased the land for his house. Shortly before he died in 1818, Merieult sold this additional property to Vincent Nolte, a prominent international merchant whose memoirs were later published as "Fifty Years in Both Hemispheres".
The two-story brick building now on the site, dating from the late 19th century, replaced an earlier structure and was used as a banking house, according to an act of sale in 1888. Leila Moore Williams purchased the property in 1947 and sold it in 1965. Finally, 714 Toulouse Street once again became part of The Collection when it was purchased by the Kemper and Leila Williams Foundation in 1980. Today, the townhouse is home to The Collection’s staff offices.