October 11, 2012–November 2013
400 Chartres St.
A new exhibition in The Historic New Orleans Collection’s recently completed Perrilliat House is now open to the public. Part of the Williams Research Center, the new building—located at 400 Chartres St.—houses the Laura Simon Nelson Galleries for Louisiana Art. (more…)
March 20–August 4, 2013
WRC • 410 Chartres St.
Throughout Louisiana’s early history, maps were created by different people and governments for varying reasons: to chart new lands, to project national influence and establish claims, and to direct future explorers to sites first encountered by chance. (more…)
February 23–June 2, 2013
533 Royal St.
The exhibition Seeking the Unknown: Natural History Observations in Louisiana, 1698–1840 presents objects that provide a broad historical background for the study of Louisiana’s natural history—from taxidermied animals, specimens in jars, and pressed plants to lavishly illustrated folios. (more…)
Tues–Sat, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m. • Sun, noon–4:30 p.m.
420 Julia Street
The Historic New Orleans Collection is proud to announce a new collaboration with the Louisiana Children’s Museum. Expanding on LCM’s current architecture exhibit, a new display located on the second floor will teach children ages 4 through 10 about 19th-century life in the French Quarter through recreations of some of THNOC’s properties. (more…)
Basin Street Station
501 Basin Street
In conjunction with The Historic New Orleans Collection’s 2007 exhibition Four Hundred Years of French Presence in Louisiana, the Minister of Culture and Communication of France presented a model of the French Quarter as it would have appeared in about 1915 to the people of New Orleans. (more…)